But I'll back up a bit. Allison brought Jeremiah and Eliza at the end of July for some much needed family visiting.
We had fun reading silly books . . .
more fun at the sprinkler park . . .
fun eating eating popsicles . . .
We managed to squeeze Brandon's birthday in for a bit more fun before packing up.
The rest of the month was a blur of packing, only to be interupted with Tanner coming down with croup 3 days before the move. I spent the night before loading up the truck with Tanner in the hospital (next door to the crazy man yelling about his "sever pain" and his "need" for morphine) so he could get a breathing treatment. Hailey came down with it the next day, but didn't get nearly as sick. But needless to say, all the babysitting I had arranged for the last couple days had to be canceled. I only survived with the help of the Relief Society; a.k.a. my really good friends.
The morning of the move Hailey disappeared for a while. We found her in her room for one last snuggle there with her blanky. It was pretty bitter-sweet. It's been hard to leave our home and ward there.

We broke up our drive out to Utah by going up to Navoo (but our car decided to take a break in Missouri so we could meet a nice mechanic who gave us some gospel cd's). Brandon and I traded off so we could both go to a temple session while we were there. It was a nice break.


Then back on the road . . .
I brought some sliced cheese for Tanner to eat on the trip. The cooler was right next to him and apparently I hadn't put it away very well one time. I turned around to see him chowin' down on about 5 slices of cheese. He was pretty pleased with himself and I couldn't stop laughing!


But here we are in Utah at last! The weather has been great and the leaves are changing. We went up to "walk on the Utah mountains," as Hailey puts it, this past week. It was just gorgeous! I didn't realize just how much I missed this kind of nature. Wow!



So we are done with the "school" portion of optometry school in Memphis. Brandon is here for 2 externships, equaling 8 months until graduation. We're staying with my parents in Bluffdale, who just moved back to Utah also. It's great to be so close to family and see extended family that we haven't seen in years; some since our wedding. Which reminds me, we just celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary last month.

We broke up our drive out to Utah by going up to Navoo (but our car decided to take a break in Missouri so we could meet a nice mechanic who gave us some gospel cd's). Brandon and I traded off so we could both go to a temple session while we were there. It was a nice break.
Then back on the road . . .
I brought some sliced cheese for Tanner to eat on the trip. The cooler was right next to him and apparently I hadn't put it away very well one time. I turned around to see him chowin' down on about 5 slices of cheese. He was pretty pleased with himself and I couldn't stop laughing!
But here we are in Utah at last! The weather has been great and the leaves are changing. We went up to "walk on the Utah mountains," as Hailey puts it, this past week. It was just gorgeous! I didn't realize just how much I missed this kind of nature. Wow!
So we are done with the "school" portion of optometry school in Memphis. Brandon is here for 2 externships, equaling 8 months until graduation. We're staying with my parents in Bluffdale, who just moved back to Utah also. It's great to be so close to family and see extended family that we haven't seen in years; some since our wedding. Which reminds me, we just celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary last month.
And to top it all off, BYU is having a great season and we can watch it all on my partents wide screen, HDtv. What more could we ask for? (Well, I guess a decent job opportunity for Brandon would be nice too.)
6 comments:
Sounds like you guys had quite a summer! I'm glad that you are all safe and settled. I laughed out loud at the picture of Tanner and his cheese.
Wow, what a whirlwind of a summer! I can relate somewhat, as we have moved a bit ourselves. (Oh, we were only in Florida for about 6 weeks and had to move on because of a contract issue with the hospital there. Brittany Pratt was SO nice to me, though, and made me feel welcome. Thanks for that connection. Tell her hi!) Can you believe you're that close to graduating? Wow! Your kids are so cute, and I SO GLAD that you get to now be so close to family--and just in time for the holidays! Oh, and we're also big BYU fans. Except for a sub-par performance last night, they are doing great this year. Go, Cougs!
What a crazy summer! I am happy you are in Utah! We should get togheter and hang out. I'm in Sandy, so I'm not too far away from you!
Hailey you are a hoot! That pictures cracks me up. Welcome back to the blog world, the Hansen's have missed you. We love catching up on all your activites. Hopefully life is a little slower for you for a while. Love ya!
Welcome BACK!!! We're glad you survived moving, the drive, and everything else! We'd love to see you when we make it up there!
Hi Celia! I'm so excited you are back in Utah! We should get everyone together sometime and catch up. Welcome Back!!
Post a Comment