Monday, August 14, 2006

Surprise!

I cut my hair!

It just wasn't working for me anymore. It was time to say goodbye to the corkscrew ringlets of yesterday and ambrace the loose curls of today. And I didn't even cry! (Who knows though, maybe all I need is a good hormonal mood swing to set me into motion -- it doesn't take much.) But really, I like it! Following the good example of my sister Mary, I saved it for "Locks of Love." It's a good feeling to literally give a part of myself to help another little girl feel happy and confident. Thanks for showing me the way Mary! I wish I could say I was as good as Mary, growing out my hair for that purpose, but mine was more of an after thought.

But on the note of "a part of myself," taking this picture really weirded me out! It was the first time I had really touched my hair since cutting it off, and I know it sounds weird, but I might as well have been holding my left pinky toe detached from my body. It was strange and I was glad to put it back in the plastic bag where it belongs.

Look how dark it is now! I had no idea before! I was a little worried about how Hailey might react to the change, but when I came home she studied it, kind of smiled and said, "Pretty hair, Mommy."

2 comments:

Allison said...

YIPEE!!! I agree with Hailey completely.
love, allison

Melissa said...

Okay, I'm new to this blog stuff-- little slow on the uptake, I know. I hope this works.:) It's so cute, your hair!! I like it that length!
Love,
Melissa