This was Hailey's first day of 1st grade! A big step for her and mom, to have her gone at school all day. She handled it great though; she was ready for this next big kid step!

Here's Ms. Elliot welcoming her to class.

It's kind of ironic that I am finally posting about this now, because tomorrow is Hailey's last day of 1st grade. (It's been way too long since I've posted!) She has had such a great year and learned so much! She thrives in school and we are so proud of the responsible young lady she is growing into. I can hardly believe how big she is getting! When Hailey was a tiny thing sitting the grocery cart, the little old ladies at the store always told me how quickly they grow up. I believe them. Childhood has a way of slipping gracefully through your fingers, as it should. I wouldn't want her not to progress, I just feel like I'm anxiously chasing a dancing ribbon in the breeze, propelled by my maternal questions: "Have I taught her enough to do it on her own? Will she make the right choices? Am I enjoying each day of her youth and innocence to the fullest?" It goes so quickly. One more school year gone.
. . . getting back on track . . .
Brandon and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary last September. For part of our date night, we decided to hike Badger Mountain. We laugh a little about that title due to our Utah and Idaho roots; if you can walk to the top and back down to the bottom in under an hour, it seems to be a bit more like a "hill" than a "mountain." But that's alright, we don't mind that Tri-Citian's take pride in their landmasses!
This kinda gives you a feel for the area: what's not sagebrush is farm land, unless your by the river. It's hard to see here, but the river is beautiful along with it's surrounding areas.
I miss real mountains, but it still felt good to hike to the top of something and glory in God's good earth.
Later in September, Hailey and Tanner got dressed up for the "Mustang Round-Up," a fair that the school puts on each year. (Their mascot is a mustang.)

They were supper excited to go, but apparently being a cowboy is very serious business.

We discovered a walking trail near the river here that we really enjoy. The river really is a redeeming part of the landscape here.

It's an adventure for the kids to explore this mini forest. (We did have to reassure them that there were no wolves or bears lurking among the trees.) It kinda reminds me of the gully near my house growing up that we used to hike through.

Follow the leader . . .
We always love a visit from Grandma!

(A little side note about Hailey's pose here: she was wearing brand new shoes and brand new pants so she already started the day feeling like a million bucks. At school, someone told her that she looked like a rock star. So she ended her day feeling like
more than a million bucks -- she felt like a rock star! I think that added a little more sass to her pose; as if she needed any help striking a sassy pose!)
For Halloween we had a ninja . . .
a clone-trooper . . .
and a mini Clark Kent . . . (a repeat of Tanner's a couple years ago, but still cute!)
. . . a force to be reckoned with! (with or without Halloween costumes!)
p.s. Kalila didn't make it.
4 comments:
It is so good to see an update. Hailey is becoming a beautiful young lady. Scottie will be baptized at the end of the month. We will be visiting family in MO then and most of my family will be out there, too. Before you know it that will be your next step. As always, your kids are adorable. I loved Hailey's Ninja Costume. Scottie was a Ninja for our Night at the Museum event where I work in February showing of his Tae Kwon Do skills. He had a blast and it was fun. We sure enjoy our nature around here, too. It is good for the kids. I need to call or something because I'd love to catch up.
I love the update. I CAN NOT believe how old Hailey is... I still remember her as the cute little toddler! I love the Halloween costumes! Oh, and you look great by the way!
I love the update. I CAN NOT believe how old Hailey is... I still remember her as the cute little toddler! I love the Halloween costumes! Oh, and you look great by the way! Sorry to hear about Kalila...
Thanks for updating! It is fun to catch up with you. We are one full year behind now so don't be discouraged because I am doing enough of it for the both of us:) Love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment