Tanner opted not to pose with Chuck E. I can't say that I blame him; he makes me a little uncomfortable too.
Back to the birthday . . .
It is so surprising watching Hailey grow up into a little girl! It's refreshing to see how the more she realizes what she is capable of, the more responsible she becomes. She still keeps us on our toes with her "spirited" personality, but she also loves to help and teach her little brother (when she's not teasing him) and is developing her own little testimony. She's always telling us when she can feel the Holy Ghost, particularly when she feels it with music. There are times when I get so frustrated with her and I loose my "nice voice." She calls me on it saying, "Mommy, please talk nicely to me." That doesn't necessarily calm me down most times, but it does bring me back to reality. One night at dinner, I lost my patients. I took a deep breath and told her in a silly way, "Hailey, I've lost my patients and I don't know where to find it. It's gone." She smiled and said, "Hmm, I'll help you look for it." I think she found it under her plate and said, "Here it is! Where should we put it? I know! In your mouth! Open wide!" I think we had to repeat the process one or two more times that meal, but Hailey is quick to forgive.
5 comments:
I absolutely love that cake! You are so creative.
Happy Birthday Hailey! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!!! Aren't you due really soon? How we miss you guys! Hyrum still talks about his Hailey Furness!
The cake looks great. I hope Hailey thought it was tall enough. It was adorable, very princessy. We sure miss you guys.
That cake is pretty impressive, i am not quite that ambicious. I love that she helps you find your patience, if only it were that easy to find. :)
Oh, I love Hailey! And that cake is amazing! Patience is hard to find sometimes. . . we lose it quite frequently in our house. That was a great story when Hailey found it.
Post a Comment