Monday, February 02, 2009

Great News!

Yes, we have some mighty fine news -- two things to be excited about: First, we SOLD OUR HOUSE! After seven long months of our house being on the market, it is sold! We closed Jan 29th so it's all done. Needless to say, January was a very busy month trying to get this all taken care of long distance. I couldn't have done it without Brandon -- he's wonderful! To be honest, it hardly seems real but we are so very happy and grateful!

The second thing to be excited and grateful about is that we are pregnant (for those of you who haven't heard yet)! I'm 15 weeks along so we are due at the end of July. I realize that it has been a long time since our last post and now you know why! If I ever had a minute to myself, I slept rather than getting on the computer. But now I am back in the world of the living! (It's good to be back!)

The kids make us laugh so much! Just before Christmas Tanner came up with a nick-name for Hailey that he could say: "LuLu". Hailey was thrilled that Tanner could finally call her by "name" and it stuck! It's pretty darn cute to hear him say! When he was born, Hailey called him "Shaw-Shosh" for a nick-name. So now we have "Shaw-Shosh and LuLu!" Sometimes Tanner will sing a happy little song to himself, to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle" saying, "Mama, Dada, LuLu, Ma, Da, Ma, Lu, Dada, Lu ..." We love to hear him sing! I melts all our hearts to hear him say, "I ya yoo!" (I love you.)

Last week Hailey was pretending to be a "Rescue Princess;" wearing a princess dress and brandishing a sword. During this pretend time, I gave her a cookie and she asked me, "Is this for being such a good warrior?"

While driving home from preschool one day, Hailey was telling me about opposites (something they were talking about that day). So I asked her, "What's the opposite of high?" This is the answer I got, "Well, birds can fly up in the sky because, well, Heavenly Father put magic on their wings. But He didn't put any magic on our arms, so we can't fly. So, birds are high because they are up by the trees and the sky and we are low on the ground 'cause we can't fly." I wasn't expecting anything so elaborate. She certainly has the gift of gab.

A couple of weeks ago, Hailey was helping Grandma make pancakes for a Sunday morning breakfast. (We have late church -- not my fav.) Grandma Marti said to her, "After we're finished making the pancakes then we'll set the table." To which Hailey replied, "Yeah, well, someone will." Maybe we could look at it as developing leadership qualities and learning the value of delegating. She's definitely got sass. Does sass count as a leadership quality?

In sacrament meeting last Sunday Hailey leaned over and whispered to me, "This is magic bread, it helps you think about Jesus." She's got lots of other good qualities, too!

Tonight, Hailey was getting out of bed over and over with one long-winded excuse after another. It resulted in her losing out on her beloved TV time for tomorrow. After hearing her consequence she turned and started stomping back to bed and I told her that I loved her. She turned around and in her angry voice said, "Don't say that! I know! I love you, too! I just -*huh*- I won't be angry in the morning!" And off she went. My mom and sister Mary were there to witness the whole thing and had to stifle their laughs until she was all the way up stairs! Yep, she's definitely got sass.

10 comments:

Rebekah said...

It is good to hear that you guys are doing so well! Congratulations on the baby, are you having another boy or girl? I am glad that your house finally sold, that had to have been a real pain.

It sounds like Hailey is at a really fun age, it's good you write these stories down... you will certainly want to remember them!

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison said...

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
so glad everything came through on the house! And those are such fun stories...

miss you guys!!

Rosie said...

That's so exciting that you are pregnant! I swear it's going around like crazy lately but apparently it's not contagious for everyone :) You're kids sound so cute :)

Jenn said...

HOORAY!!! We are so happy for you guys!! What a relief and answer to prayer!...and congrats on the baby! That's so exciting.

The Garber Family said...

Congratulations! I'm happy for both sets of news. I was out with Grandma Marge on Saturday and she told me you were expecting. It was probably nice to have the help from your family for this first trimester!
Hailey and Madelyn must definately be carved from the same mold...

Brandon and Natalie said...

What great news! Congrats on selling your house and the new baby.

I was wondering if you might be expecting when you completely fell off the face of the earth. Congrats again!

Alisa said...

Hoooray! HOOray! This is great news and congratulations. What a blessing. I've been checking your blog for new posts and now I see why you waited. It's probably nice to have grandma around lately to help while you get rest.
I loved these stories of Hailey, waht a sweetheart. I especially love the warrior princess. I bet her grandpa and uncles LOVE that, sounds very Tueller-esque :-)

Hansen Family said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you guys. Now I get to try to sell my house. I also am axious to meet the new Furness baby. So hurry up and cook that baby some more.
Cade and Carter would dig Hailey as Rescue Princess Warrior. That is right up their ally.
And as far as sassy children, how'd we end up with so many in the Furness family. I've got one too many myself. Can't wait to see you guys.

BunchesofBradys said...

Celia,
We are so excited for you guys! Another boy!!! We love boys!!
I guess having the third child is what everyone is doing because we are having number three in September.
So, I won't becoming to Utah in August like we originally planned...a bummer but I don't think traveling at 8 months prego is a good idea. Please keep us posted and send us pictures when he comes!