Sunday, May 18, 2008

Soccer and Mom, but not a soccer-mom.

Soccer! What a funny game for 3 and 4 year olds! We signed Hailey up to play with some friends from the ward this spring. The first practice Hailey refused to participate. But THEN, I picked up some soccer cleats and shin-pads at a consignment sale. All she needed was the right accesories because then she was all about soccer! Well . . . or just all about getting onto the field and picking flowers . . . and then chasing her little friend yelling, "Hyrum! Marry me Hyrum! Marry me!"


But on this "lovely" day none of the kids wanted to get on the field. Don't be fooled by the clear blue sky, it was about 50 degrees and blowing like crazy that day. I brought a blanket to wrap around Hailey on the side lines and by the end of the game, she and two other kids were curled up in little mounds underneath the blanket on the ground and refused to play any more.






Then she got Daddy's sweatshirt. That worked for a bit.
















































This was Hailey's last game. I think she kick the ball three whole times! That's a big game for Hailey. But her favorite things about soccer are: putting her hand in the team circle and shouting "Gooooo SHOCKERS!" (just like "Super Why"), running throught the tunnel that the parents make with their arms at the end of the game, and, of course, the treat and drink at the end.




































A highly motivated player.




















Notice all the "3"s? Can you guess what everyone's favorite number is?






We love our star player's quality warm ups, enthusiastic jumping-jacks included.


My birthday seemed to last a whole week this year. We celebrated my birthday the first weekend in May, then Brandon had that following week off of school, which finished off with Mother's Day. I got special treatment for the full week! Poor Brandon, he feels the pressure at the begining of May.





Tanner's first birthday was the day after Mother's day. Yippy! He's a mischevious little guy. Not walking yet, but getting close. He likes to get into trouble and make it a game. He loves to chase his big sister and try doing/taking whatever she is doing. Hailey loves the attention and having a playmate . . . she also loves to tattle, scold, and get Tanner into trouble when ever possible. I never expected having two little ferocious redheads to tame, but I wouldn't change them for the world!





And Tanner likes the fan.

p.s. I HATE the way blogger doesn't allow you to control the way the pictures and text actually post! Arrgh!

7 comments:

Hansen Family said...

Tanner I can't believe you're one! I love the fan hair. Hailey you and Cade should compare soccer stories they are probably quite similar. I am glad that your soccer assecories made all the difference for you!

Rebekah said...

I love the picture of Tanner in front of the fan! I also love Hailey's jumping jacks, very nice. I'm glad I found your blog, ours is rntuttle.blogger.com, check it out sometime.

Sarah said...

I love the blue sweatshirt on the field. Reminds me of ET. I love that they all have 3 at the end of their number. I especially like that Hailey got the double 3. =) And I loved, loved, loved the jumping jaxs. Thank you for sharing that minute of your life with me.

Yardley Crew said...

Cute soccer princess, adorable "wind-blown Tanner", and I love the new blog background.

Shannon said...

cute, cute cute!

Allison said...

WOW. I really like the new "template" for your blog! Teach me how, please?

Waspish_Wench said...

You're new background is gorgeous, by the way.