Sunday, March 16, 2008

Once there was a snowman.

Hurray for snow days . . . or just day. It all melted the next day, but that's the way I like it. Unfortunately it didn't come until late Friday afternoon, so Brandon didn't get to miss school. Shucks. He and Hailey enjoyed it while it lasted; something about that Idaho blood I guess.










































Hailey's first snowman.









Needless to say, Hailey really loved her snowman!





She was a little concerned about him the next day. It continued to snow during the night and the snowman got snowed on. We did our best to reasure her that snowmen prefer that kind of weather.






In the end she may not have cared about him that much because she pushed him over after playing outside for a while. Too bad I didn't get a picture of that!














Unrelated thought: While we were getting ready for church today, Hailey wanted to find some jewelry to wear. She couldn't find anything that satisfied her so she turned to one of her dress-up crowns. Our conversation went something like this:


"Can I wear my crown to church?"

"No, I'm sorry honey."

"But its so beautiful."

"I know, but we don't wear crowns to church."

"Please? It will be so beautiful?"




Princesses and pink are still at the top of her list these days.



Tanner loves to wave now. He flaps his hand while scrunching his nose in a grin and grunts something that sounds similar to "ha-ee". He does a lot of grunting. I've been trying to do baby sign with him, but he hasn't taken to it much. I get the feeling that he knows what the signs mean, but he would rather grunt, yell, or screech at me to tell me what he wants. We run into problems when he yells the exact some way for "more" as well as for "all done". You can imagine the frustration for both of us.























Tanner crawls all over the place with great speed now. He crawls with his right foot rather than his right knee, but it seems to work for him. One of his favorite games is grabbing a small ball and letting it go infront of him so he can chase after it. He quickly learned this game works best in the kitchen. Plus there's the added bonus of eating the cheerios that he previously dropped from the high chair.



This picture was taken while Hailey was banging on the xylophone and singing at the top of her lungs. Tanner isn't afraid to share his opinion with us.

5 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

Cute pictures! What a great snowman!

I can't believe how big Tanner is getting.

So cute!

staci baker said...

What fun pictures! I'm glad you got a snow day. I'm sure it brought back memories of our Rexburg days!

Just wanted to say that I've met Brittany Pratt and just LOVE her! She is SO nice and has really made me feel welcome. We had a BBQ at their ranch last night and an Easter egg hunt. Thanks for letting me know about the connection!

Sarah said...

Sooooo Cute. I didn't realize that you had TWO beautiful red heads!

Sarah said...

Oh Celia, you are too good. I can't tell you how much I've missed you.

Hansen Family said...

Wow what fun the snow is! Hailey- I am quite impressed that is one of the best snowmen I've ever seen. I can't believe how the kids are growing. We miss you- Keep blogging!